The International Workshop on Human-Aware and Explainable Planning (HAXP), formerly known as the Explainable AI Planning (XAIP) workshop, brings together the latest and best research in human-AI interaction and explainability, in the context of planning, scheduling, RL and other forms of sequential decision-making process. The workshop is collocated with ICAPS, the premier conference on automated planning and scheduling. 10th
Supporting effective interactions between humans and artificial intelligence (AI) systems is a significant challenge as AI becomes more prevalent in various application solutions. There are a few reasons why this challenge arises.
- Integrated Working Styles: This requires AI systems to effectively understand human input, provide relevant information or suggestions, and adapt to the evolving context.
- Building Trust: Trust is a critical factor when humans interact with AI systems. Trust is developed when AI systems consistently demonstrate competence, reliability, and alignment with human values.
- Migration of Competence and Responsibility: As AI systems become more capable, there is a gradual shift of competence and responsibility from humans to these systems. To ensure a smooth transition, effective interactions are necessary.
To address these challenges, several approaches can be taken. Some of these will be discussed at the XAXP Workshop that will feature many TUPLES’s members.
Daniel Holler, member of the TUPLES Consortium and of the Foundations of Artificial Intelligence (FAI) group from Saarland University, will give an invited talk on Hierarchical Formalisms in Plan Recognition as Planning
Among the paper that are being presented:
– “Action Policy Explanations in Oversubscription Planning”, written by Rebecca Eifler, Jörg Hoffmann (of the TUPLES Consortium) and Aleena Siji, Daniel Fišer.
– “Formal Explanations of Neural Network Policies for Planning” written by Sylvie Thiebaux (TUPLES’ coordinator) and Renee Selvey, Alban Grastien.
Rebecca Eifler and Jörg Hoffmann from Saarland University are members of the organizing and steering committees respectively.
The International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling (ICAPS) is the premier forum for exchanging news and research results on the theory and applications of intelligent and automated planning and scheduling technology. ICAPS 2023 is part of the ICAPS conference series. After three years of virtual events, ICAPS 2023 will be a physical conference again. ICAPS 2023 will be held July 8-13, 2023, in Prague, Czech Republic.
The full program here